Benchmark Staff Biographies
- Shane has been with the agency since 2006
- Graduated from Mount Vernon Nazarene University in 2005 with a degree in Business Administration
- Has also worked as a Case Manager, Placement/Intake Coordinator, and a Regional Director
- Mr. Davis became the Executive Director in 2011.
- Has been with the agency since 1996.
- Graduated from The Ohio State University with her Degree in Social Work.
- She is a Licensed Social Worker.
- In addition to working with Benchmark, her professional history has included working at the Department of Children Services and with Juvenile Court.
Director of Training
- Has been with the agency since May 1997.
- Anthony is a licensed social worker and graduated from Capital University at Columbus, OH.
- Prior to being employed by Benchmark Family Services, Anthony served 8 years in the United States Army as an EMT.
Senior Program Support Specialist
- Has been with the agency since 1995.
- She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Wright State University in 1991 and is a Licensed Social Worker in the State of Ohio.
- Her first job was with Clark County Department of Human Services, Children Services
- She believes she has found her niche in her current position as Senior Program Support Specialist. Training staff, ensuring quality, supporting all of the employees, offices and the agency is what she likes doing best.
Data Management Coordinator
- Has been with the agency since April 2016.
- Alexis received her Bachelor of Science Degree from Wright State University.
- Prior to being employed by Benchmark Family Services, Alexis worked in the Athletics Department at Wright State University, and for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Director of Public Relations
- Elli has been with the Benchmark Family Services since January 2017.
- Elli received her Bachelor of Arts Degree from Wright State University.
- Prior to being employed by Benchmark Family Services, Elli worked as a Senior Digital Marketing Specialist for Naked Lime Marketing.
Georgia State Director
- Has been with the agency since January 2013.
- She has over twenty years of service to children and families.
- She has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Sociology with an emphasis in Social Work from Georgia Southern University.
- She later earned her Master of Social Work degree from the University of South Carolina.
Indiana State Director
- Tom has been with Benchmark since 2001
- He graduated from Bethany College with a degree in social work and is certified as a licensed social worker
- He has worked as a Case Manager, Licensing Specialist, Trainer, Supervisor, and Regional Director
- Before joining Benchmark Tom spent five years developing and leading a community support team that assisted at risk children
Kentucky State Director
- Has been with the agency since 2004.
- Dan graduated from the University of Kentucky where he studied psychology.
- With Benchmark Dan has also served as a Foster Parent Trainer, Regional Director, and Director of Operations.
South Texas State Director
- April Cantu has been with the agency since 2014
- Graduated from The University of Texas Pan-American with a degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology
- With Benchmark, April has also worked as a Licensing Specialist and a Regional Director
- Prior to working for Benchmark Family Services, April worked for New Beginnings Behavioral Health Services which served at youth risk dealing with Substance Abuse/Dependency issues
North Texas State Director
- Jynger has been with the Benchmark Family Services since April 2017.
- Jynger received her Master of Social Work degree from the University of Oklahoma.
- Prior to being employed by Benchmark Family Services, Jynger worked as Program Director for Dillon International.
Jynger Roberts is the North Texas State Director at Benchmark Family Services. She received her Masters of Social Work from the University of Oklahoma. Jynger has been involved in working with families and children for over 16 years and has a strong passion for children being in safe, loving homes. She is excited about being an asset to the Benchmark team.
Assistant Kentucky State Director
- She has worked for Benchmark Family Services for 11 years
- Sharon graduated from Eastern Kentucky University with a degree in Psychology
- She has worked in the social service field for over 14 years
- Sharon worked for the Department of Community Based Services in Nicholasville, KY for 3 years before joining the team at Benchmark Family Services
Texas Treatment Director / State Liaison
- Angela started working for Benchmark in 2006 in Elizabethtown, KY, relocating to Texas in 2013
- She graduated from Ambridge University with a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy and from Spalding University with a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Angela would consider her passions to be her relationship with God, her family, and her work with foster families and children
- Has been with the agency since 2009.
- She provided Case Management services in the Lexington Kentucky office until assuming quality assurance responsibilities in 2011 to ensure maintenance of standards for our CARF accreditation.
- Angela became part of our Program Support team in December 2012 with focus on quality and processes in our Kentucky offices.
- She received her Bachelor’s degree in Family Studies from the University of Kentucky in 2008.
Program Support Specialist
- Sheila Rentfrow has been working with Benchmark Family Services, primarily as Treatment Director, since December 2006.
- Sheila obtained her Master of Science in Education from Eastern Illinois University in 1998.
- She has experience working with children for over 15 years providing crisis assessment and intervention, crisis/intensive counseling services, and pre-admission screenings for hospitalization of children in foster care.
- Sheila joined the Program Support Team in April 2015, and currently works out of the Lexington Administration Building providing support and assistance to Benchmark’s Kentucky offices.
Program Support Specialist, Kentucky
- Started with the agency in 2007, in Berea, KY, as a case manager until 2011.
- Danica obtained her Bachelor of Science in Education from Eastern Kentucky University in 2005.
- Became a TSS Supervisor for the Berea, KY office in November 2014.
- In October of 2016, Danica joined the Program Support Team and is currently working out of the Berea, KY Regional Office providing support and assistance to Benchmark’s Kentucky offices.
- Danica’s job responsibilities include internal monitoring of offices, training staff, and ensuring quality and processes are maintained to provide the best services for our families and youth.
Program Support Specialist
- Shay Ristau has been with Benchmark Family Services since 2013.
- She is a graduate of Southern Arkansas University, where she earned her Master of Science Degree in Coaching & Kinesiology.
- Shay started with Benchmark Family Services as a Therapeutic Support Specialist in Dallas and soon after as the Regional Director.
- Shay’s job duties include internal monitoring of offices, training staff, and ensuring quality and processes are maintained to provide the best services for our families and youth.
Program Support Specialist, Indiana
- Matt Oswald has been with Benchmark Family Services since 2014.
- Matt became part of our Program Support team in September, 2015 to help maintain quality and to develop processes which assist our staff in efficiency and compliance.
- He is a graduate of Central Michigan University, where he earned his Bachelor of Education.
Program Support Specialist, Georgia
- Santoria has been working with Benchmark Family Services since 2014.
- She graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor’s in Social Work, and earned a Master’s in Public Administration from Walden University.
- She has an extensive social services work history, spanning over 18 years of experience in providing mentoring and client education to underserved populations.
- Santoria joined our Program Support Team in July, 2015.
Santoria has been working with Benchmark Family Services since 2014. She graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor’s in Social Work, and earned a Master’s in Public Administration from Walden University. She has an extensive social services work history, spanning over 18 years of experience in providing mentoring and client education to underserved populations. She is a proactive and collaborative multi-functional leader, that effectively communicates in presentation of statistical data, policy analysis, coaching, mentoring and training of staff on child welfare and government regulations.
One of her greatest achievements in Georgia’s child welfare setting, was serving on the newly formed Georgia Kinship Care Team. Santoria worked closely with Fulton County Department of Children and Families, designing and implementing newly formed child welfare policies and procedures for completing relative care home evaluations and recruiting relative resources to become certified foster parents. This team was recognized statewide as Georgia’s first pilot program to promote kinship care. She continues to achieve in program development, and in the creative, strategic and tactical leadership of agency initiatives that positively impacts the performance, productivity, and capability of the agency.
Board of Directors
Jonella Dee Hawn